Work permit

sediqjurat430 • 8 August 2023

Hello and good day.. 

This is Jurat Sediqullah, it has been awhile that I have gotten Abschiebungsverbot and has been a month that I am in municipal house, but still didn't give fingerprints for ID card and will take time, but I want to work, so where and how I can get work permit?

The social office didn't help me in this regard. 

2) Am I eligible for Health Insurance of AOK? 

Kategorie
Work permit

Answers (15)

Moderation

Hello sediqjurat430 thank you for your valuable question!
Happy to hear that you received Abschiebungsverbot! With your approval, you are eligible to apply for an ID Card at your local foreigners department - did you already do that?
When applying for an ID card, you can also mention that you wish to work. It will be mentioned on your card or on an extra sheet. However, if it isn't mentioned on either documents, you will need to request a work permit additionally at you responsible foreigners department.
May I ask for how long you have been in Germany already? If you stayed here for more that 18 months your health insurance should be covered through asylum seekers benefits. We summarized all important information on healthcare for refugees health insurance.
If you need help in finding your responsible authorities, please let me know. Happy if you get back to me for further questions.

sediqjurat430

I have sent a request written post to ausländerbehörde for ID card, but still haven't gotten any answer for the fingerprints appointment, but I was told that I have to wait for the appointment post from the ausländerbehörde.
It has been eight months that I am living in germany and got the documents on May 24.
I talked about health insurance with my related social office, but I didn't get any clear answer from them.
If you help me in finding the responsible authorities, it will be your much help and kind.
Thank you so much for writing me the great words...

Moderation

Thank you for getting back to me, sediqjurat430
If I understand you now, you have been in Germany in total for 8 months now. As your change from asylum seeker to a residence permit according to §25, Abs. 3 AufenthG is still in process, you will be able to apply for health insurance after you registered your ID Card successfully.
If you tell me where you are currently living, I can look for someone you can support you locally. You can also have a look at the search mask of BAMF yourself. Please let me know if you need support.

sediqjurat430

I am living in Hallenberg Hesborn, I really need help in this regard.
If u can help me in this, I would be really thankful for you for the great help and support.

sediqjurat430

Getting work permit or Health insurance are the main reasons that I can not work without having them, my ID card will take time because of the the large amount of refugees.
I still shocked how to get them before my ID card issues.

Moderation

Dear sediqjurat430 I do understand that the long waiting time feels very frustrating.
Just to be sure, you reached out to your responsible foreigners department in Hochsauerlandkreis, right?
For the waiting time, you might want to reach out to the foreigners department again and request a so-called "Fiktionsbescheinigung". This is a short-term permit substitute which can be issued and used instead of a residence permit. Please make sure that the work permit will be mentioned in that documents as well.
As I can read, unfortunately, many experienced long waiting times with that foreigners department. However, this doesn't seem right. I tried to reach out to a local migration counselling center to ask for their experiences.
As I can see their next counselling appointment is on August, 22nd at 3 pm - 4:30 pm in Hallenberg, Marktplatz (marketplace), if you want to contact them by yourself.
I will get back to you as soon as I have news. Please let me know if you have questions as well.

sediqjurat430

Thank you so much for the great patience and staying together with me in this regard.
It's your great attitude and much kind.
If u get any updates about getting the Health insurance before receiving the residence permit, let they be shared with me.
I dont really know that those who are with social with Abschiebungsverbot documents, how they can get the Health insurance for themselves.
My Nguyen_Community Managerin

Moderation

Dear sediqjurat430 I really try to support you. Please answer me: Did you already reached out to your local foreigners department? It should me the one in Hochsauerlandkreis in the city "Meschede". You can find their website here: https://www.hochsauerlandkreis.de/hochsauerlandkreis
You can schedule an appointment with them to request the temporary permit, called "Fiktionsbescheinigung". In that document it should mention that you are allowed to work and apply for health insurance or social benefits.
There is a mobile migration center around your area. The next counselling appointment is on August, 22nd between 3pm and 4:30pm on the marketplace in Hallenberg. You can go there and ask them for some further recommendations. They often work with the local foreigners departments and therefore have more knowledge about the processes.
Do you have any further questions?

sediqjurat430

Yesterday I called Ausländerbehörde to the man to whom my documents are related.
He told me that I am working on your details and decision and will send you a post for inviting u for giving us your fingerprints.
He told me If u want to work,then you have to send us your work Contract and we will see and study and then send you a work permit with your Aufenthaltsgestattung.
My social office told me we can work on insurance when you are fully connected to Jobcenter, but one of my friends he did it in AOK insurance office, because his friend was native in speaking Deutsch.
Currently having Healthcare insurance is needed at all. My Nguyen_Community Managerin

sediqjurat430

Yesterday I called Ausländerbehörde to the man to whom my documents are related.
He told me that I am working on your details and decision and will send you a post for inviting u for giving us your fingerprints.
He told me If u want to work,then you have to send us your work Contract and we will see and study and then send you a work permit with your Aufenthaltsgestattung.
My social office told me we can work on insurance when you are fully connected to Jobcenter, but one of my friends he did it in AOK insurance office, because his friend was native in speaking Deutsch.
Currently having Healthcare insurance is needed at all. My Nguyen_Community Managerin

Moderation

Thanks to get back to me sediqjurat430
Indeed, it is correct, that you will need a permit or a temporary permit, the so-called "Fiktionsbescheinigung", first, to apply for social benefits. After those steps you can apply for health insurance because someone needs to cover the fee. If you are not working or receiving social benefits no one covers your health insurance. Nevertheless, you should still be covered through the emergency healthcare: https://handbookgermany.de/en/healthcareforrefugees#faq_1071
You might consider to reach out to the foreigners department again and ask for the temporary permit (Fiktionsbescheinigung). With that document you will be able to apply for social benefits and for health insurance. You can also make sure that the document will allow you to work. It should mention "Erwerbstätigkeit erlaubt".
I hope this is now more clear for you. You can still reach out to the mobile migration center supported by Caritas in Hallenberg. The next counselling appointment is on August, 22nd between 3pm and 4:30pm on the marketplace in Hallenberg. You can go there and ask them for some further recommendations. Alternatively, I found another migration counselling in Meschede:
DRK Soziale Dienste Meschede gGmbH
Flüchtlingsberatung
Heike Feldhege
Hünenburgstraße 92
59872 Meschede
Tel: 0178 32 909 45
E-Mail: mbe@drk-meschede.de
E-Mail: heike.feldhege@drk-meschede.de

sediqjurat430

Hello and good morning.
Hope you are doing well.
I am Sediq and currently living in Hallenberg Hesborn.
I have a personal question if you instruct me a little bit.
On the first day when I came to Germany, in (frankfurt Oder) they took my Passport and my ID and gave me a receipt letter for submitting them my personal documents (Passport and ID)
I came to Westfallen State and applied for Asylum in Bochum.
At first Interview in Bilifeld BAMF, I showed the interviewer the receipt letter of my passport and I was told that we will order them here and they verified my Nationality as Afghan in my Second new Aufenthaltsgestattung from seeing the receipt letter of my documents and made its copy.
It has been more than three months that I have gotten Abschiebungsverbot, but still haven't received my ID card and they didn't provide me any appointment for fingerprints yet and just waiting.
It has been few days that my case has been approved and sent me the approval notice letter for American Hummaniterian Parole Visa, which is sponsored by my brother who is living in America.
I will need my passport for further Consular process and making a Birth Certificate, let me know how I can have access to my own passport and ID?
I hope I will be instructed If u have any information in this regard or any Organization that I can share this issue with.
Please accept my apology for writing the whole details and for taking your preious time.
Best Regards.
My Nguyen_Community Managerin

Name :Sediqullah

Moderation

Hello sediqjurat430, thank you for your reply. My colleague My Nguyen_Community Managerin is currently on holidays, so I will reply to your question.
Reading the previous thread, I first want to ask your if everything was resolved with your question about health insurance and work permit?
Did you receive the Fiktionsbescheinigung (fictional certificate) from your Ausländerbehöre? Please see a file attached of how this certificate looks like.
We have received similar questions from others who have received Abschiebeverbot and have waited a long time to give their fingerprints and receive their ID card. I will link a similar question here: https://together-in-germany.de/en/thread/answer-bamf
Maybe you can connect and exchange your experiences.
The long waiting time is likely because the Ausländerbehörde are very much behind in entering your details in the AZR the so called Ausländerzentralregister or foreign central register. I am sorry to hear that it is taking such a long time. It is very frustrating that it is taking so long and putting your life on hold.
I would recommend contacting a local migration counselling centre, they can look at your situation together and maybe help you receive your passport quicker.
There is one offered by the German red cross, please call or write them an e-mail to make an appointment: https://www.drk-meschede-sozial.de/angebote/migrationsberatung/migratio…
Migrationsberatung für Erwachsene
Rüthener Weg 9
59872 Meschede
mbe[at]DRK-meschede.de
+49 178 32 909 45
AND
you can contact the AWO: https://die-awo.de/mbe
Migrationsberatung für Erwachsene
Britischer Weg 10
59494 Soest

Telefon: 02921- 3753221
e-mail: mbe[at]die-awo.de

Please let me know if they were able to help you there, if you have further questions please do not hesitate to let us know.
Best wishes

sediqjurat430

It has been two and half months that I am just waiting for Ausländerbehörde to give me an appointment for Fingerprints to receive my ID Card, but still waiting and have not received the post of appointment yet.
That's really annoying at all.
It's taking much time to finish the process and get the ID Card.
I didn't get my Health Insurance, they told me Unless u received your ID Card then you will be allowed to be a part of AOK HEALTH insurance.
Yara _Community Manager

Moderation

Hello sediqjurat430, I understand this is very frustrating. We have had similar experiences from community members that have waited around 4 months for their appointment for fingerprints. You can see their experiences in this thread: https://together-in-germany.de/en/thread/answer-bamf
However, if you have received a fictional certificate according to §81 Abs 4 of the residency law. The AOK should accept your application. You can see if this is the case by checking if the box is ticked where I have placed a blue arrow.
In the meantime while you are waiting for the appointment you can try and start a German course or some other activities, it might take you mind of this frustrating waiting time a little bit less stressful. We have some resources on our handbook German page: https://handbookgermany.de/en/learning-german
Please let me know if you have any further questions or something you would like to share.
Best wisehs

To post please log in or register.