work permit

Hikmat-Azizi • 16 July 2023

Dear Madam , 

Hope you are fine and doing well.

With great respect, it is stated that I am an agricultural engineer living as a refugee in Bremen.

I have worked as an Irrigation Engineer and Field Engineer with different Projects in Afghanistan inluding German Bank Project and Asian Development Bank project,  Could you please guide me how to find a professional job related to my academic and professional background. If you have an office here so please give me an appointment to discuss it from near.

I shall be thankful to you for that.

Kategorie
Job search

Answers (2)

Moderation

Hello Hikmat-Azizi, thank you for posting this question on our platform. I think many in the community face the same dilemma of trying to find work and receive a work permit while in the asylum procedure. As I understood from your previous posts you have had so called Dublin procedure to Hungary which will end in July. Dublin deportations back to Hungary are on hold. Then Germany will be in charge of the asylum procedure. You are currently learning German at B1 level which is great. And you have received permission to work from the migrationsamt in Bremen, right?
Unfortunately, your work permit will be only valid for a specific job as long as you are in the asylum procedure. Your future boss will need to fill a form to describe the offered position, and you should apply for a work permit. Once both forms have been filled and submitted, the immigration office is obliged to react within two weeks. Since the migrationsamt is so slow to react and your employer is asking for another letter I can understand why this is so frustrating since you already received a job offer at the deutsche Post- correct?

You also mentioned that you Aufenthaltsgesttaung will end in August. However, you should receive a so called "Fiktionsbescheinigung" which should specify that you can work.
I am currently doing some research regarding the issues you face and possible solutions. In the meantime, maybe our expert on labor rights Jens Leuner from Jens Leuner Faire Integration BB might also help you with some valuable tips.
Best wishes
Yara

Moderation

Hello Hikmat-Azizi, I have just reached out to a counseling center in Bremen and they are happy to help you. They are in charge of those living in the north of Bremen with the postcode 28759 Bremen. If you could let me know your postcode in Bremen I can find the right contact person for you. They will also be able to help you further. They can also speak in English and their service is free of charge. You can find the counseling center here: https://www.inneremission-bremen.de/das-leisten-wir/flucht-migration/be…

To post please log in or register.