New visa rules July 2023

jr199 • 6 August 2023
5 comments
0 likes

Can you give practical information for point based new visa rules from July ,2023.

I am working in EU and already have European permanent residency. Am I eligible for these new rules?

My aim is to bring my NON EU parent as well. I can afford their expenses and insurances if need. 
I am working in high skill tech industry (IT) with 15 years of experience. My spouse also has masters degree in tech.

please guide. 

Kategorie
Residence permit

Answers (5)

Moderation

Dear jr199 thank you for this valuable question.
Congratulations on all your achievements! As I understood you are holding a EU permanent residency. Are you currently living and working in Germany? Do I assume correct, that you applied for a EU permanent residence on the basis of a EU Blue Card, so you will also match all the requirements to be eligible for a EU Blue Card as well?
However, unfortunately, the new law hasn't been implemented yet. The current discussion are only a draft for now.
At the moment the current draft doesn't mention the possibility to switch between different basis. There will be a solution as soon as the law will be finalised. Unfortunately, that is the reason why for now there is no specific solution for your inquiry. My apologies that I cannot give you a more satisfying answer for now. We will keep you updated or you can read updates on Handbook Germany, EU Blue Card.
Please let me know if you have further questions.

Moderation

Thank you for your reply, jr199
This discussed draft of the new law for skilled worker will only apply for workers in Germany and not for all EU countries. All other countries have their own requirements for e.g. EU Blue Card etc.
Please check with a migration counselling center in Belgium if there is any possibility to apply for your parents.

jr199

Sorry if it was not clear. I am planning to move to Germany for this new rule to be able to bring parents. Question is although I have European PR , am I still covered under this new law of Germany. I will wait for your response when this rule is clear to you after implementation.

To post please log in or register.