Mother and Sister

Anonymous • 16 September 2022

I have came to germany as per my working background with German Organization. Now i have lift my widow mother and single sister, requesting support for how to evacuate them to germany.

Am living in Ohningen City.

Answers (3)


Helllo [~1681], unfortunately family reunification usually applies only for the immediate family. This means that you can only have close family members come to live with you in Germany. Such as your spouse, registered living partner and/or underage children. Only in very very rare cases can you bring other family member. We have provided more information for you here, which you can also look up in 9 different languages:
If you would like more information on where to get further advice on family reunification please let me know.
Best wishes


Hello [~1681]. I have some more information for you. Like I mentioned in rare cases you can bring your family here even if they are not considered your immediate family. You would have to proof that you widowed mother and single sister are in "exceptional hardship" for them to come to Germany. In these very rare cases, one may be issued a visa per Section 36 (2) or Section 22 of the Residence Act, also referred to as a "hardship rule". It is, in fact, an emergency clause of the Right of Residence Act. In practice, it is very difficult to obtain a visa through this emergency clause- i.e. there must be a looming danger to the life and limb of one of your family members. It would be important to receive the advice from a lawyer to push for this emergency clause. Here you can research for a counseling center near you:

To post please log in or register.