If I have A Schengen Visa type D for 6 months, Am I allowed to work?

Answers (1)

Moderation

Hallo Amira Youssef , thank you for your question. Unfortunately, the options for changing from a Schengen visa to a long-term residence permit in Germany are limited. Under certain conditions, it is possible to switch from a Schengen visa to a long-term residence permit as a skilled worker. However, all requirements for residence as a skilled worker (§18a/b) must be met, the job offer must have been issued spontaneously and you can only apply for residence as a skilled worker (§18a/b) if your professional or academic qualification is recognized: https://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/visa-residence/types/work-qualified-professionals It is also important to note that the Schengen visa cannot be extended and the 90-day stay may not be exceeded under any circumstances. It is probably only possible to process such an application for residence as a skilled worker quickly if an urgent application is submitted with the help of a lawyer. A law firm would have to be contacted for this. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Best Barbara 

To post please log in or register.