I want to ask if I am allowed to study nursing in Germany because I am veterinary from high school to college

mhzdominic • 1 March 2024

I have completed 12 years  education and I have. School leaving certificate in veterinary (animal science) and also I have 3 years school leaving  (advanced diploma in veterinary technology) now I wish to study or to make vocational training as  specialist nurse or medical assistant  I would like to know if I am allowed to study nursing (vocational training as nurse) because very soon I will finishing my Germany level B2. Thank you I need your advice


Answers (1)


Hi mhzdominic, thank you for your question on our platform and the information you have already provided.
It’s great that you will soon have B2 level German. In order to work as a nurse in Germany you will need B2 level.
From the information you have shared I believe you can apply for a vocational training as a nurse.
In case you come from a country that requires a visa, then you will need to apply for a visa for vocational training.
In order to receive the visa you will have to provide some documents. You will need to have a contract with vocational school in Germany, proof that you can cover your living costs, as well as sufficient German, which you will already have- that’s great!
You will also need all the documents for a so called Type D Visa.
You can find more information about the visa process on our website: https://handbookgermany.de/en/vocational-training-visa#faq_193
and on “Make it in Germany” https://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/visa-residence/types/training
If you are struggling with finding vocational training, the information we provide here might be useful to you:

If you have any further questions, I am always happy to help.
Best wishes

To post please log in or register.