Work permit

Hikmat-Azizi • 20 March 2023

I made my entry to Germany on 29th of September 2022. I attempted my final interview at BAMF in the start of December. I was told that you will be allowed to work from February onwards. Even the Migrationsamt office sent a letter to me regarding it. But they renewed my Aufenthaltsgestattung without having the work permit in it. I sent them tens  of emails and called them but they didn't bother about it. They just reiterated that upon finding a job and sharing the offer with the Migrationsamt office they will change it. While I did it after the expiry of my Aufenthaltsgestattung and they didn't respond to it. I requested for appointment but they negated saying that I don't need appointment. 

I need the work permit not only for work but to get myself registered with Agentur fur Arbeit so that they support me in finding jobs also seek their funds for studying some capacity building and career changer courses. I am Agricultural Engineer having worked as Field Engineer and Irrigation Engineer with different projects including a German Bank Project in Afghanistan for eleven years. 

Is there any way around it. I shall be thankful for your suggestions. Yara 

Kategorie
Work permit

Answers (4)

Moderation

Hello Hikmat-Azizi, I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble with the Migrationsamt. Unfortunately, many also experience this. In general, if you are in the asylum procedure there are some requirements before you are allowed to work. In general you can receive a work permit after three months and if you no longer have to live in a reception center. You can find more information on when you can start working here: https://handbookgermany.de/en/work-permit
That is probably why the Migrationsamt has given you a letter that you can work in February since that would mark three months since you are in Germany. It could be that you are still obliged to live in a reception center and that is why they have refused to give you a work permit. I would advise you to seek counseling that can help you with receiving a work permit and also advising you on the next steps regarding your qualifications in Germany. I found the following center in Bremen: https://www.bin-bremen.de/teil_projekte
They help refugees in the German job market.
Please let me know if they were able to give you good advice. Or if you have any further questions.
I hope that you can soon start working.
Best wishes
Yara

Hikmat-Azizi

Dear Madam, Sorry for the late response. I received the work permit very late but still it was not helpful. As it was conditional basis and i was supposed to share the job description with Migrationsamt each time i find a new job. While I shared job offers with Migrationsamt and they were not responding to it. It took me so long. Now i have received a job permission from Migrationsamt to work at Deutsche Post but still due to timing issue i have to revise it. Although the Migrationsamt is saying that for a new timing i dont need a new letter but the employer is insisting to provide them with a new letter. And in all this again i lost few months and my aufenthalthsgestattung will expire on 20th August and i have to send them emails to renew it and again it wont be renewed in time as happened with me last time. I am worried how to cope with these issues always. Please guide me what could be done better.

To post please log in or register.