Travel to other countries

raminsdp • 19 July 2022

Dear Sir or Madam
I am permanent resident of Ukraine who came to Germany due to war situation. I received germany temporary resident card recently. I want to come back to Ukraine for collecting my personal belongings and then come back to Germany. Here are my questions:
1- Do I need to receive Germany visa when I want to come back from Ukraine to Germany, as I have temporary resident card which I attached in this email?
2- If I want to move to another European Union country from Germany in order to reach Ukraine, do I need visa by holding this card?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards
Ramin S.


Answers (1)


Dear raminsdp, thank you for your question. If you have received temporary protection in accordance with ยง24 of the residency act you do not need a visa to re-enter Germany, nor in the Schengen area when you re-enter Germany through e.g Poland. Before leaving Germany please always make sure that your residency will not expire during the time you are away. If you leave Germany for a long time this could lead to you loosing your residency. The general rule is that you should not leave longer than 6 months without permission from the immigration office. Short-term stays are not problematic. I hope this information was helpful. If you have further questions please let me know.
Best wishes and safe travels.

To post please log in or register.