Enroll in studies and residence permit

abdulle Ali • 21 May 2022

Am a kenyan student refugee from Ukraine 

And I wanted to enroll in study programs in germany first a language course then a degree program , and I haven't requested for residency permit yet I stay in Alsfeld town in hessen state and don't know how to enroll in a language course or degree program 

Please I need advice and counciling what to do next 

Thank you


Residence permit

Answers (3)


as far as we're informed, in order to get a residence permit based on study in Germany, you need certain financial requirements, so to say, to be able to prove you have enough financial means as an international student. if it's the case, then you should register in a language course and make an appointment in Foreigners Authority office in the city you are living now.
but It is always worth to get consulted by a lawyer or legal consultant who has exact and updated information. Do you want me to find you an organization which offers such consultation?


Hi abdulle Ali, thank you for your question. You are in Germany legally until the end of November. Indeed the largest hurdle for obtaining a residence to learn German and to study is that you need proof of covering your living expenses. Once you have all the papers and meet the requirements you can apply for the residence permit with the local immigration office (Ausländerbehörde).
I will give you some contacts that you can reach out to, hopefully they can help you with application and other questions you might have: https://haug-initiative.com/help-lines/ I would suggest calling the Person in Kassel (Hessen) as this is closet to you in Asfeld.
Here is also the contact of a migration counseling center in Asfeld: https://adressen.asyl.net/apiclient_v2/index.php?lang=de&mode=single&id…
I hope this was helpful.
You can also check out our info-page here: https://handbookgermany.de/de/ukraine-info/en/aufenthalt-drittstaatsang….

Please let us know if this was useful. I hope you will be able to receive a residence permit soon.
Best wishes to you

To post please log in or register.