About reunification

Sayed • 8 April 2023

hello sir or madam ! 

first of all i wish you to be good and healthy and then i have a question regarding to my wife (fiance) before i came from afghanistan to germany i was engaged and since 1 year and 8 months i am here in germany and recently i received my acceptance ($ 25 ABS.3 AufenthG) so my question is what will be the procedure for me to bring my wife to germany .

thanks in advance .



Answers (2)


Hello Sayed thank you, I hope you are in good health too.
If I understand you correctly, you currently have a residence permit according to §25. Abs,3 AufenthG (Abschiebeverbot) and you are engaged so far, but not officially married yet. A national ban of deportation prevents to be deported if one is at risk of human rights abuse or may face a serious danger, limb or freedom in ones home country. You can find more information in this chapter.
Unfortunately, there is no easy solution to bring your fiancée to Germany. Since you are only engaged and not married, your wife is not considered immediate family.
If the marriage was not already concluded in the home country, but only later after receiving the residence permit, only the foreigners department can decide and grant the approval individually.
This means that the challenges are very high.
You can read more about the requirements on our Handbook Germany website.
I would recommend to consultate a counselling center to discuss your next steps. If you like to share your city, I can help find you an organisation in your area.
Please let me know if you have further questions.

To post please log in or register.